At a time when it’s hardr to keep your customers engaged, loyal and coming back for more, focusing on their needs is more important than ever.
According to an analysis by RJMetrics, a business intelligence company, repeat customers can provide up to 60 per cent of revenue by the third year.
In addition, repeat customers spend up to 300 per cent more than new customers, likely in part because your established relationship has won their all-important trust.
This July 16, to highlight this, we celebrate one of the four Get To Know Your Customers Days acknowledged during the year.
Held on the third Thursday of the month in January, April, July and October, the aim is simple. Encourage businesses of all sizes and ages to get to know their customers better. Learn their names, understand their buying habits and let them know you value them.
By understanding their needs, businesses can easily identify ways to improve their products and services, change their processes, find new ways to market and, most important of all, create loyalty.
How can you show your customers a little love and get to know them better?
Top 15 suggestions on how to get to know your customers:
- Swag bags with branded merchandise
- Raffles and giveaways
- Special on–the-day, tailored discounts
- Ask for their opinions with a meaningful satisfaction survey
- Engage with them on your social media
- Follow up on a purchase, vacation or experience
- Say thank you for their custom
- Set up a loyalty program
- Respond to negative and positive reviews online
- Use their first names when you greet them in store, check-in or over the phone
- Make yourself available every month and invite clients to talk to you
- Highlight customer achievements
- Show you understand their pain points
- Host an event and get to know each other
- Keep in contact with regular informative (but non spammy) emails with offers, reminders and news.
If you are looking for assistance with any of these suggestions, from setting up a customer satisfaction survey or regular email communications to branded merchandise and event management, sign up for your free Inside Hospitality Solutions membership and browse our full list of suppliers.