The hospitality industry is constantly evolving, with new brands emerging to meet the changing needs and desires of travelers. In recent years, there has been a growing trend towards wellness-focused brands and brands that cater to specific interests such as design, gastronomy, and adventure. Vacation ownership and timeshare brands are also adapting to the changing market, offering more flexible and diverse options.
Wellness is a top priority for many travelers today, and a growing number of hotel brands are catering to this demand. These brands offer a variety of wellness amenities and experiences, such as spa treatments, yoga classes, and healthy dining options. Some examples of wellness-focused brands include:
- SIRO: This new brand from Kerzner International will offer ultra-bespoke programs that focus on fitness, nutrition, sleep, recovery, and mindfulness for all abilities.
- Reverie: This brand embraces slow living in Sri Lanka, focusing on mindfulness and connection with nature.
- Amanzoe: This luxury resort in Thailand offers a variety of wellness programs, including traditional Thai medicine, meditation, and yoga.
Design-focused hotels are another growing trend in the hospitality industry. These hotels offer a unique and stylish experience focusing on modern design and architecture. Some examples of design-focused brands include:
- The Hoxton: This brand has a collection of hotels in urban locations worldwide, each with its unique design.
- Ace Hotels: This brand is known for its eclectic and creative design aesthetic.
- 21c Hotels: This brand combines contemporary art with modern design.
Gastronomy is another important factor for many travelers, and a growing number of hotel brands are catering to this demand. These brands offer a variety of culinary experiences, from fine dining to casual cafes. Some examples of gastronomy-focused brands include:
- COMO Hotels and Resorts: This brand has a collection of hotels and resorts around the world, each with its own signature restaurant.
- Nobu Hotels: This brand is known for its Nobu restaurants, which combine Japanese and Peruvian cuisine.
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group: This brand has a collection of luxury hotels around the world, each with its own award-winning restaurants.
Adventure travelers are looking for hotels that can provide them with unique experiences, such as hiking, biking, and kayaking. Some examples of adventure-focused brands include:
- Under Canvas: This brand offers luxury glamping tents in scenic locations around the world.
- AutoCamp: This brand offers Airstream trailers and cabins in national parks and other outdoor destinations.
- The Ranch at Live Oak: This all-inclusive dude ranch in California offers a variety of horseback riding and other outdoor activities.
Vacation Ownership and Timeshare Brands
The vacation ownership and timeshare industry is also adapting to the changing market, offering more flexible and diverse options. Some examples of new vacation ownership and timeshare brands include:
- Club Wyndham: This brand offers a variety of vacation ownership products, including traditional timeshares, points-based memberships, and vacation rentals.
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide: This brand offers a variety of vacation ownership products, including timeshares, villas, and cottages.
- Disney Vacation Club: This brand offers a variety of vacation ownership products, including villas, cabins, and resort rooms.
These are just a few examples of the many new hotel and hospitality brands that are emerging in the industry. As the needs and desires of travelers continue to evolve, we can expect to see even more innovative and exciting brands emerge in the years to come.
Do you have any industry knowledge, experience, or news you’d like to share? Why not send us your press releases, survey results, news, and articles? We will review them and may publish them on the IHS website Just complete the contact form and get in touch.