World Sleep Day is an annual event celebrated the Friday before the Spring Equinox. It is dedicated to raising awareness about the importance of sleep and its health benefits. As a resort or hotel, there are various ways you can celebrate World Sleep Day and create a memorable experience for your guests throughout the year.
How you can celebrate on World Sleep Day:
- Special Offers: Offer guests special promotions, discounts, or packages with additional amenities that promote relaxation and a good night’s sleep, such as spa treatments or sleep-inducing teas.
- Environment: Ensure your guests have access to a sleep-friendly environment by providing comfortable beds, pillows, and linens, as well as noise-canceling curtains or earplugs.
- Education: Host workshops or seminars led by sleep experts to educate guests about the importance of sleep and provide tips for improving sleep quality.
- Menu: Design a sleep-friendly menu that includes foods and beverages that promote relaxation, such as chamomile tea or warm milk, and avoid serving caffeine or heavy meals before bedtime.
- Bedtime Rituals: Provide guests with a bedtime ritual kit that includes scents, such as lavender or eucalyptus, and calming music or sounds to help them unwind and fall asleep more easily.
- Activities: Organize activities, such as a guided meditation session, a yoga class, or a relaxation workshop, to help guests de-stress and relax before bedtime.
- Décor: Create a sleep-inspired atmosphere by using calming colors and lighting and incorporating natural elements, such as plants or water features, that promote relaxation.
But, of course, providing guests with a great sleep experience is a year-round challenge for resorts and hotels as it’s integral to overall guest satisfaction.
For this reason, properties must invest in great quality beds, linens, and accessories that promote good habits and create a relaxing and restful experience for guests. Here’s why:
The importance of a great sleep experience from the property’s perspective:
- Guest Satisfaction: Focusing on the sleep experience and investing in good quality beds and bed linens is essential to ensure guest satisfaction. Guests who sleep well are likelier to leave positive reviews, recommend the property to others, and return in the future.
- Repeat Business: Properties that invest in quality beds and linens can attract repeat business, as guests who had a good night’s sleep during their stay are more likely to return to the same hotel.
- Brand Image: Good quality beds and bed linens can help hotels build a positive brand image. It shows that the resort or hotel is committed to providing guests with a comfortable and luxurious experience.
- Differentiation: With so many options, investing in quality beds and linens can differentiate a property from its competitors. Guests are likelier to choose a hotel that offers a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
- Cost-Effective: While investing in quality beds and linens may seem expensive initially, it can be a cost-effective decision in the long run. Quality products are more durable and require less frequent replacement, saving hotels money in the long run.
The importance of a great sleep experience from the guest’s perspective:
- Comfort: Guests expect a comfortable sleep experience when staying with you. Good quality beds and linens can provide support and comfort for a good night’s sleep.
- Cleanliness: High-quality bed linens are often made from hypoallergenic materials that are less likely to harbor dust mites, allergens, and bacteria, ensuring a clean and healthy sleep environment.
- Relaxation: Staying at a hotel or resort is often associated with relaxation and indulgence. A comfortable bed and luxurious linens can help guests feel pampered and relaxed during their stay.
- Value: Guests expect to get good value for their money when staying at a hotel. Quality beds and linens are often associated with higher-end hotels, and guests are more likely to feel they are getting their money’s worth when staying at a hotel that invests in quality products.
- Loyalty: A comfortable and enjoyable sleep experience can create loyal customers more likely to return to the same hotel and recommend it to others.
If you’re looking to purchase new beds and linens for your property, check out the range at IHS Provider SLX Hospitality. They offer premium linens from quality brands, including:
IHS Provider Rotary Supply provides sumptuous linens, while their recent merger with City Mattress Hospitality means they can also supply superb mattresses for better sleep.
You can learn more about these companies and their products in the IHS Provider Directory.
Do you have any industry knowledge, experience, or news you’d like to share? Why not send us your press releases, survey results, news, and articles? We will publish them here on the IHS website. Just complete the contact form and get in touch.