LinkedIn has launched an option to verify your personal LinkedIn profile. This process enables all LinkedIn members to confirm their identity via formal ID sources. Once completed, your profile will display a verification badge.
Simply put, you tell your profile visitors that you are who you say you are and not a robot software spammer!
In addition, you are adding great profile credibility.
LinkedIn has stated that verified profiles receive 60 per cent more profile views, 50 per cent more comments and reactions on their posts, and 30 per cent more messages.
Here are the wider benefits of LinkedIn ID verification:
1 Your Personal Profile Authenticity:
- Your account is legitimate and belongs to you – a real, verified person.
- You build more profile trust and credibility.
- You block any attempt at fake account hacks.
- Verification can protect brand or individual legal trademarks/copyright status.
2 LinkedIn may reward you:
- LinkedIn may deliver profile benefits with early access to new features and options.
- Verified accounts will receive preferential treatment in search results.
3 Identity verification:
Via your personal profile, you will receive a notification to verify your account.
Click the notice and follow the on-site instructions.
Note: You will need a desktop/laptop access, cell phone, and LinkedIn app.
4 You do have verification options:
- There is NO cost to the process or the verification badge provision.
- Adding a verification badge to your profile is NOT compulsory.
- The display of verifications on your profile may change as the feature evolves.
- If you change your name, you may be asked to re-verify.
- If you choose to remove your verification, simply log in and access your profile settings.
Need help with maximizing your LinkedIn profile or lead generation strategy? Contact the Inside Hospitality Solutions Marketing team.
Do you have any industry knowledge, experience, or news you’d like to share? Why not send us your press releases, survey results, news, and articles? We will review them and may publish them on the IHS website. Just complete the contact form and get in touch.