In today’s digital age, video content has become increasingly popular and influential in capturing the attention of consumers. With the rise of platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels, shorter videos have taken the online world by storm.
This begs the question: Are short videos the future of hotel and resort marketing? Let’s dive into what short videos are, explore their popularity through statistics, and discuss how they can add value to professionals in the hospitality industry.
Understanding Short Videos
Short videos refer to concise, engaging, and visually appealing videos that are typically under one minute in length. These videos are designed to quickly grab the viewer’s attention and deliver a compelling message or experience. Due to their brevity, they are perfect for social media platforms where attention spans are shorter and users are constantly scrolling and seeking instant gratification.
Exploring Popularity through Statistics
The statistics surrounding short videos are astounding and highlight their effectiveness as a marketing tool. Consider the following:
- Increased User Engagement: Research has shown that users are 67 per cent more likely to make a booking when a video tour is available for a hotel [^1]. This demonstrates the power of visual content in driving conversions.
- Business Executive Interest: A study revealed that 65 per cent of business executives visit a marketer’s website after viewing a video [^1]. This presents a tremendous opportunity for hotels to capture the attention of potential corporate clients and generate business traveler traffic.
- Consumer Preference: According to HubSpot, 54 per cent of consumers want to see more video content from brands they support [^1]. By leveraging short videos, hotels can fulfill this demand and engage their target audience more effectively.
- High Retention Rates: Viewers retain 95 per cent of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10 per cent when reading it in text [^1]. This means that short videos can convey information about hotel amenities, services, and experiences in a much more memorable and impactful way.
Adding Value to the Hospitality Industry
Short videos offer numerous benefits to professionals in the hospitality industry, and here are a few ways they can add value:
- Showcasing Hotel and Resort Amenities: By creating short videos that highlight hotel amenities such as luxurious rooms, stunning pool areas, spa facilities, and dining options, hotels can provide potential guests with an immersive experience even before they arrive.
- Captivating Digital Tours: As mentioned earlier, video tours significantly increase the likelihood of bookings. With short videos, hotels can create captivating virtual tours that showcase the property’s best features and create a sense of anticipation and desire in prospective guests.
- Storytelling and Branding: Short videos provide an excellent platform for hotels to tell their unique brand stories and connect with their target audience emotionally. By sharing snippets of memorable guest experiences, behind-the-scenes moments, and local attractions, hotels can build a strong brand identity and foster trust among potential guests.
- Social Media Engagement: Short videos thrive on social media platforms, where users are constantly looking for entertaining and shareable content. By creating engaging and relevant videos, hotels can increase their visibility, reach a wider audience, and create a buzz around their brand.
- Creative Marketing Campaigns: Hotels and resorts can leverage short videos to launch creative marketing campaigns that go beyond traditional advertising. Humorous, educational, or visually stunning videos can go viral and generate organic exposure, attracting attention and curiosity to the hotel.
In conclusion, the popularity of short videos in the digital landscape cannot be ignored. With their ability to captivate viewers, increase user engagement, and facilitate storytelling, short videos are indeed the future of hotel and resort marketing. By embracing this trend, professionals in the hospitality industry can elevate their marketing strategies, improve brand awareness, and ultimately drive bookings.
So, if you’re ready to take your marketing to the next level, consider incorporating short form videos into your digital strategy and witness the positive impact it has on your business. If you need assistance creating short videos and other forms of video content, then contact the IHS Marketing team, and we’ll be happy to help.
Do you have any industry knowledge, experience, or news you’d like to share? Why not send us your press releases, survey results, news, and articles? We will review them and may publish them on the IHS website Just complete the contact form and get in touch.